2 cans (11 oz each) Pillsbury refrigerated crusty French loaf or buy 2 large loaves of thick bread
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce (I used whole lettuce)
1/4 cup chopped red onion
2 medium plum (Roma) tomatoes, chopped
1/4 cup Crisco 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Pure Olive Oil
1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
8 oz thinly sliced cooked turkey (from deli)
8 slices (3/4 oz each) provolone cheese, halved
8 slices bacon, halved, crisply cooked
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray large cookie sheet with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray, or line with cooking parchment paper. Place both loaves of dough, seam sides down, on cookie sheet. Join ends of loaves to form 11-inch ring; pinch ends together firmly to seal. Using sharp or serrated knife, cut 12 diagonal slashes (1/2 inch deep) on top of dough.
2. In small bowl, beat egg and 1/2 teaspoon of the oregano with fork; brush generously over dough. Sprinkle dough with Parmesan cheese. Bake 26 to 30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet 20 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix lettuce, onion, tomatoes, oil, vinegar, red pepper flakes and remaining 1/2 teaspoon oregano. Refrigerate about 20 minutes to blend flavors and slightly wilt lettuce.
4. In food processor, cover and process mayonnaise, garlic and avocado until smooth.
5. Cut bread ring in half horizontally. Press inside of top and bottom of ring to flatten bread slightly for fillings. Place lettuce mixture in bottom of ring. Top with turkey, provolone cheese and bacon. Spread avocado mixture in top of ring; place on bottom ring. Cut into 8 sections to serve.