What kid doesn't LOVE corn dogs! My kids could not get enough of this kid friendly dish.
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups sliced green onions
- 1-1/2 pounds hot dogs
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- In a small skillet, saute celery in butter for 5 minutes. Add onions; saute for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Place in a large bowl; set aside.
- Cut hot dogs lengthwise into quarters, then cut into thirds. In the same skillet, saute hot dogs for 5 minutes or until lightly browned; add to vegetables. Set aside 1 cup.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, sage and pepper. Add the remaining hot dog mixture. Stir in corn bread mixes. Add 1-1/2 cups of cheese. Spread into a shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Top with reserved hot dog mixture and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Recipe by taste of home Photo by Laura Spear