Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Hot Artichoke Dip Bread Bowl
2 16-oz sourdough bread rounds (about 6-in. diameter), divided (or use 2 cans of french bread dough and back into a ball)
4 oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup milk
1 can (14 oz) artichoke hearts in water, drained
1 1.4-oz envelope or one 1.8-oz box (2 envelopes) vegetable soup mix
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 container (8 oz) sour cream
Grated fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Slice off top of one bread round to create a lid; set lid aside. Carefully remove center of bread round to form a 4½-inch-wide and 2-inch-deep well for dip. Slice center of first and entire second bread round into 1-in. cubes. Place bread bowl on center of Large Round Stone. Arrange bread cubes around bowl; spray with vegetable oil.
3. In a bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth. Add milk to cream cheese; whisk until smooth. Chop artichokes. Add artichokes, soup mix and pressed garlic to bowl; mix well.
4. Microwave on HIGH 5-7 minutes or until hot (do not boil).
5. Juice lemon to measure 2 tbsp juice. Stir juice and sour cream into hot artichoke mixture; pour into bread bowl.
6. If desired, grate Parmesan cheese over bread bowl and bread cubes. Lean lid against bread bowl.
7. Bake 13-15 minutes or until bread cubes and top of dip are golden brown. Remove from oven; serve immediately.
Recipe by Pampered Chef, Photos by Laura Spear