2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon egg replacer
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
1 cup mashed bananas (apprx. 2 large very ripe bananas with some brown spots, mashed on a plate using the back of a fork)
1 cup coconut milk
¾ cup canola oil
1 ½ teaspoons vinegar
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips (vegan)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
sifted powdered sugar for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 and oil a loaf pan.
2. Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In a separate medium bowl, puree wet ingredients with a whisk until thoroughly combined.
4. Pour wet mixture into dry and whisk quickly to combine. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts with a spoon or spatula. Spread batter evenly into prepared loaf pan and bake for 20 minutes. Rotate, and bake for another 20-35 minutes, or until skewer comes out slightly crummy/clean.
5. Let cool then sift with powdered sugar (if using)
Recipe by Chef Chloe, Photos by Laura Spear