- 1 14 Oz. Bag of Frozen Brussels Sprouts - Thawed
- 1 10 Oz. Can of Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
- 2 Teaspoons Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Light Vegan Butter
- 1/2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Slice the Brussels spouts into halves. Melt the butter and olive oil in a large skillet on medium to low heat. Put the Brussels sprouts in the skillet and cover on low for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Put the can of tomatoes in the skillet and then the sugar and thyme. Stir together and simmer on medium heat uncovered 5 minutes longer.
Recipe is from "My vegan Cookbook", photos by Laura Spear