Saturday, July 23, 2011

Quick and Easy Southwestern Black Bean Soup





This recipe is beyond easy because you use canned soup! I found a bargain at my local dollar store, vegan soup! Very exciting stuff! 2 cans however do not feed a family of 5 so... I added some ingredients and voila! Meal for 5 times 2. 

Ingredients:
2 cans of your favorite vegan soup (I used southwest black bean)
1 can  of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 can of corn, drained
a few hand fulls of homemade croutons (or store bought) 
vegan shredded cheese (optional)

Directions:
Simple! In a large bowl mix all 5 cans together. Heat on a stove top until hot (or even microwave it). Top with a hand full of homemade croutons. Enjoy!

This made enough for the 5 of us to each have a bowl and I froze the rest for use at a later date.

Recipe created by Laura Spear, photos by Laura Spear

Bon Appétit,


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...