Sunday, February 28, 2010
Tater Tot Casserole
TATER TOT CASSEROLE
3 lbs Ground Beef
2 2lb bags tater tots
2 cans cream of mushroom
1 can of milk (use empty cream of ? to measure)
2 cans cream of chicken
your choice of seasonings
Seasonings: It's really up to you what you like. I use salt, pepper, garlic salt, cayeene pepper, and chili powder. Or if i have it on hand i will use a favorite spice like Emerils or pampered chef. They are already combined with lots of spices and always taste great!
1. Cook the ground beef, drain
2. Season the beef with salt, pepper, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, chili powder or use a premixed seasoning like emerils or pampered chef.
3. Place the browned meat (divide equally) in the bottom of both casserole dishes
4. Next cover the meat with frozen tater tots in a single layer
5. season the tater tots (you can use the same seasoning that you used on the meat) or try using a favorite french fry seasoning.
6. Mix the two cans of cream of mushroom with 1/2 a can of milk
7. pour over the top of one of the casserole pans
8. Next mix the two cans of cream of chicken with 1/2 a can of milk.
9. Pour over the top of the 2nd casserole pan
10. Season the top of both casseroles with salt, pepper, and your choice of mixed flavors. I like to use emerils southwestern or pampered chef chipotle.
Another option with this is to add shredded cheese to the top. I have not tried this yet.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour
Makes 2 9”X13” pans
you can serve both pans or freeze one for later use.